An easy way to understand the US monetary system, but…
According to the authors, the AMERICAN DREAM is a 30 minute animated film that shows you how you’ve been scammed by the most basic elements of our government system. All of us Americans strive for the American Dream, and this film shows you why your dream is getting farther and farther away. Do you know how your money is created? Or how banking works? Why did housing prices skyrocket and then plunge? Do you really know what the Federal Reserve System is and how it affects you every single day? THE AMERICAN DREAM takes an entertaining but hard hitting look at how the problems we have today are nothing new, and why leaders throughout our history have warned us and fought against the current type of financial system we have in America today. You will be challenged to investigate some very entrenched and powerful institutions in this nation, and encouraged to help get the nation back on track.
‘The monetary system work can be confusing’
The video creators understand that how the monetary system works can be very confusing to some and have done a brilliant job in explaining how the whole system is set up to keep you forever in debt.
The Federal Reserve System
The Federal Reserve System is the central banking system of the United States. Federal Reserve history begins in 1913 with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, and was largely a response to prior financial panics and bank runs. The most severe of which was the Panic of 1907. Over time, the roles and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve System have expanded and its structure has evolved. Events such as the Great Depression were some of the major factors leading to changes in the system. So how does the Federal Reserve control the monetary system? Its duties today, according to official Federal Reserve documentation, fall into four general areas:
- Conducting the nation’s monetary policy by influencing monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates.
- Supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation’s banking and financial system, and protect the credit rights of consumers.
- Maintaining stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets.
- Providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation’s payments system.
There are presently five different parts of the Federal Reserve System.
- The presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), which oversees Open Market Operations, the principal tool of national monetary policy.
- Twelve regional, privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation, which divide the nation into 12 districts, acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors.
- Numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks.
- Various advisory councils.
[vsw id=”a6OQzH07u0U” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
‘It’s the greatest theft in human history’
Like most documentaries that try to simplify the reality in order to make it more understandable, the film shows in a very easy to understand way how the US monetary system works, so then you can understand easily how the Fed works. But, as you will see in the end of the film, the conclusion may be subjected to different interpretations and opinions. And speacially after finding out that on the Fox Channel loved the film.
Do you know more films like this one? Tell us at: [email protected]
¿Quieres recibir más explicaciones como esta por email?